Monday, May 25, 2009

more time.

need it need it need it. I'm actually really dreading this because I know its going to be so long...But I have lots of time, which I guess doesn't really fit with my title here. But today, for now, I have time. So I will attempt to blog about my past week in the lovely, beautiful, GREEN, finland. It happened I swear over the course of 3 nights. Everything was dead, then there were a few buds on the trees, and now everything, I mean everrryythinggg, is so green. Everywhere. Its really amazing, and really really gorgeous. The days here have just been so great, really nice weather, a few rain spots here and there, but I love the rain, so it was really nice. Last tuesday I went to have a talk with Lea Pulkkinen, the lady I met with when I wanted to talk about the Lapland trip. Shes a globally known psychologist, and probably the greatest woman I've met in my entire life, besides my mom. She just sees things so perfectly. She first showed me around the University campus here in Jyväskylä, in one part of the campus there is a building with one half called the Matti something buidling (i totally forget his name, but he was the first (or something) finnish president. I asked around my school just now, but no one knows...niceee.) anyways and then the other half is the Lea Pulkkinen half. So I felt like a celebrity walking around with her. Imean you could just tell as we passed people that they just started whispering "oh my gosh, that was HER." haha. So that was fun. Then we sat down and she started to ask me about the problems I was having with my host family and stuff. And then she just took the whole situation and turned into something positive. She first asked me what I wanted to do when I got older, what I wanted to be. And I told her I'd really like to teach, 1st and 2nd grade. And she then explained to me that although maybe this situation was hard to get through and not really fun that if I think about it, when I teach my classroom won't be filled with kids from families like mine. Some of those kids are going to come from broken families, like the one I'm currently in. And that by being in this situation I can learn how to deal with them and how to reach them on a personal level and help them out. And gah, it was just so wonderful. So now, I am just really great. I finally feel back to my old happy self again, I think for a bit I was realy down and just not happy and it just felt so weird, because thats just not me. I have bad days, but they dont really last for 3 or 4 weeks. So this was something new for me, but it was really great once I got out of it. I went and talked it out wiht Raija and Arvo as well and they were really supportive of everything. Things still aren't perfect at my house, there are still fights, but there are less of them. If anything, me bringing this to light may have been hard for them to hear, but I think it might have kind of made them notice that things could be better and now we're all working on it together. So its really great, thank you all out there for your prayers during this as well, I'm positive they helped a great deal. On Wednesday I went with Mimmi to her school all day and hung out with her and her friends, they were quite fun :D Then we made our big trip down to Turku to stay with Pike, my host moms sister, for four days. We left on thursday and when we got there we were immediately greeted by two happy boys happy to give lots of hugs. Leo and Otso. Leo is 5 and Otso 9, it felt so much like home it was almost scary. I felt 12 again, taking care of Micah and Spencer. Otso even looked like him ! Same head shape, same big eyes, and same funny hair flip in the front :P Leo was one of those kids who just hung on to you like a monkey, and if you didn't want him he'd just move on to the next closest person. His parents, Pike and Ville, were really busy that weekend so Mimmi Nuppe and I just spent most of it babysitting, which was fine with me. Ville was being given his Diploma for his Ph.D. He wrote his thesis in the field of Bio Technology in 2007 but the ceremony is only every 3 years, so this year he finally got the big party for all his hard work. They went to lots of dinner parties and on Friday there was a big ceremony downtown where all the recipients walked down the main street led by police horses and cars to the big monumental church. It was on tv and a really huge event so that was really cool to watch. Pike was wonderful, we had some really great talks, she's a first and second grade teacher :D So talking to her was really cool because shes exactly what I want to be ! On saturday Sirpa the girls the boys and I went downtown to see the big war ships of finland and some famous spots of Turku like the Castle that wsa built in the 1300's. It was really great, long, but really great. There was a thunder storm on the way back, so that was fun to be in, it was my first of the year :) Today is my official 1 month until I go home date, boy am I excited. My schedule is pretty much full up until I leave, which may be good or bad, I'm not sure yet. I just finished up my English Exam and tomorrow I have my religion test and then school is overrrrrr. Summer ! Yay :D On friday night I'm staying at Annina's because we have to be at school at 7.30 am to get ready to sing :P Then after our school party my family leaves for Helsinki for Lauri's (their cousin, not my host brother) Graduation Party. We come back on sunday though. Then tuesday we go back to helsinki to stay with that same family for maybe 3 days and then train up to Turku to stay with Pike Ville and the boys for a few more days until Sirpa gets back from Estonia. Meh, I'm more or less excited about that trip, its the one kind of ruining my plans, but it'll still be fun to see more of the city I guess. And when I got to Turku again I get to see Bailey ! Yayyyyy. Anyways, I am really tired of typing and I think that was all I had to say anyways. Enjoy your day off I think ? Memorial day right ? I dont remember. But yeah, the end ! :D

No comments: